Thursday, March 7, 2013

Get To Know...

Through this feature you will get to know a bit about the men and women who work for the Mesa Police Department.

Sgt. Mark Njaa is in the spotlight this month. He is our Rangemaster and is responsible for the daily operations of the Firearms Range and training. We recently asked him the following:


Q:  What do you do when you aren't working?
A:  My life revolves around my family. I've been married for 27 years, father of three children and grandfather to one.

Q:  Where did you work before joining Mesa PD?
A:  I  owned a small coffee business. I discovered that sales didn't bring the kind of excitement and involvement I seem to enjoy.

Q:  What music is on your iPod/mp3 player?
A:  iPod? I don't have one. I had an 8-track player in my first car; I still like the old school rock and roll.

Q:  What is your favorite meal?
A:  Steak, potatoes, with no vegetables.

Q:  What is your favorite movie or TV show?
A:  I'm a big fan of anything on Discovery and History channels, but "The Walking Dead" is a guilty pleasure.

Q:  If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go and why?
A:  Ocean fishing in a remote Mexico location. I like to get away and completely forget about everything. I enjoy sitting in a lawn chair watching the sun set where the most stressful decision is which lure to use. 

Q:  What sound do you love?
A:  The call of a bugling Elk.

Q:  If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
A:  Relax. I'm driven to do the right thing, but I could soften the delivery.


Watch for future installments of the "Get To Know..." feature!