|Suspect Judith Walthers|
Detectives working the case learned that Walthers had been staying with the victim for several days prior to the discovery of his body. She had also been seen driving the victim's vehicle. She was eventually located and charged with crimes related to the stolen vehicle. When she was arrested for the stolen vehicle, she did not admit any involvement in Worzalla's death. Evidence from the crime scene had been located and submitted to the crime lab for analysis. That analysis returned and showed that DNA belonging to Walthers was on bloody items located inside the crime scene. There was also evidence to support that Walthers had made attempts to clean the crime scene and wash bloody items.
Walthers has been charged with:
- 1 count First Degree Murder C1F
- 1 count Burglary-First Degree C2F
- 1 count Trafficking in Stolen Property C2F
- 1 count Tampering with Physical Evidence C6F
- 1 count Theft of Means of Transportation C3F