Thursday, January 24, 2013

Get To Know...

Through this feature you will get to know a bit about the men and women who work for the Mesa Police Department.

Danyelle is in the spotlight this month. She is an Administrative Support Assistant at our Public Safety Training Facility. We recently asked her the following:

Q:  Tell us about your typical work day?
A:   My days vary as the training schedule varies each week. I am responsible for answering calls and greeting students and instructors. I also register sworn and civilian members in training classes and document their completion once they are done. I'm glad to help wherever I'm needed...no job is too big or too small!

Q:  What do you do when you aren't working?
A:  When I'm not working I'm usually spending time with my husband of 21 years and our 3 children; Nick is 20, Dillon is 18 and Emma is 16.

Q:  Where did you work before joining Mesa PD?
A:  Prior to here at Training, I worked as a 911 operator with Mesa PD and then in the Hiring Unit as an Administrative Support Assistant. I have been here for 10 years. Before Mesa PD, I worked as an assistant manager and photographer at Sears Portrait Studio.

Q:  What music is on your iPod/mp3 player?
A:  My music varies from Contemporary Christian to Country to 80s and 90s to Rap/Hip Hop and everything in between...I have music for every mood!

Q:  What is your favorite meal?
A:  I can't pass up a good steak and pizza plays a close second.

Q:  What is your favorite TV show?
A:  I enjoy crime shows like CSI and Criminal Minds, but don't really have a favorite.

Q:  If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go and why?
A:  Anywhere that allows my sweet husband and I to get away is fabulous...it can be the beach or the mountains or even at home! Life is so busy and it's nice to just step away from the busy-ness.

Q:  If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?
A:  I'd like to time travel. Sometimes I'd love to go back to a time when the kids were small and I can be reminded of how sweet they were and fast forward a few years to see that we all survive these teen years!

Q:  What is your greatest accomplishment?
A:  I overcame a difficult childhood and my husband and I figured out our normal and have provided a solid, loving and consistent home for our children.

Q:  What sound do you love?
A:  I love to hear my babies laugh...even now that they're all taller than me.

Q:  If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
A:  hmmmm...this is a hard one. I'm at a transitional time in my life as my kids are almost grown and am trying to figure out what direction I want to go in for this new season!


Watch for future installments of the "Get To Know..." feature!