Thursday, January 3, 2013

Police Story....written by a Mesa citizen

Our Mesa Police Officers are the finest! Thank you Jason & Cheryl for writing this email to Mesa Police Chief Milstead ~

To Chief Milstead:

I'm writing to commend your department and specifically Lieutenant Michael Beaton and Officer Britney Brimhall on their conduct and efficiency during a recent event at our home in Mesa. My wife, Cheryl, and I were duly impressed by the speedy response and quick and efficient resolution of our situation and were delighted by the great empathy and compassion with which we were treated by your officers.

On the evening of Saturday, December 8th, while I was away from home, my wife was confronted by a trespasser in the back yard of our Mesa home. She called 911 and Lt. Beaton & his team arrived within minutes. The trespasser attempted to enter our home and eventually became violent, stealing a shovel from our storage shed and using it to break our kitchen window. Lt. Beaton & his team neutralized the situation, took the suspect into custody very efficiently & stayed on the scene with my wife until well after I arrived.

When I arrived, Lt. Beaton and Ofc. Brimhall immediately advised me of the situation and put me at ease about the safety of my wife - their confident and calm demeanor impressed me and made me feel that we were in good
hands. Throughout the process, they displayed great personal care and respect toward our residence and our belongings and took extra time to talk to my wife and I, answer all of our questions, ensure that we were clear on the situation and our rights, advise us on next steps, and reassure us of the safety of our home and neighborhood and the availability of the Mesa PD should we ever need help again.

The kindness and consideration with which we were treated made it obvious that your officers care deeply about their job and the people that they protect.
Had your officers not arrived on the scene so promptly, the situation would have almost certainly escalated into further violence. Your department has our gratitude - we feel very safe in our home knowing that people like you are on the job.

We are new to Mesa, AZ, having just moved from Seattle, WA in July, and your department has helped us feel that we chose the right city in which to make our home. Thank you for building and running such a great police department and please pass on our thanks to Michael and Britney and the rest of the team!

Jason & Cheryl