- Install good deadbolt locks in your doors and use them, even when you are home. Many burglars have entered through unlocked doors or windows.
- Avoid door locks that can be manipulated by breaking glass or door panels to reach inside.
- Make sure outside doors, including the one between your garage and home, are solid 1-3/4" metal or wood and fit tightly in their frames. Hinges should be on the inside.
- Secure sliding glass doors with commercially available locks, with a rigid wooden dowel or other device in the track.
- Keep your garage doors closed and locked.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Crime Prevention Tip of the Week
Locks, Doors and Windows