Almost any crime that can happen at your home can also happen at work. These tips can help you keep you, your co-workers and your property safe.
1. Keep your purse or wallet with you or locked in a secure drawer.
2. If you will be away from your desk, even for a few minutes, forward your calls; shut and lock your office door.
3. Lock any office money in a secure desk or cabinet.
4. When a repair person shows up to work in your office, ask for identification, even if they are wearing a uniform. Never leave them alone in your office.
5. Don't use stairwells and corridors that are not well lit.
6. The receiption area should be equipped with a panic button for emergencies and a lock on the front door that can be controlled.
7. Do not leave passwords or any type of log-on information laying around your work area.
8. Do not get into an elevator with people who look out-of-place or are behaving strangely.
9. Make sure employee restroom are locked and only employees have access.
10. Don't work late alone. If you do, lock your door and notify security (if you have them) that you are there.
More crime prevention tips can be found at http://www.mesaaz.gov/police/Literature/Topic.aspx.